#PREPOSTGRAD DIARIES: RECENTLY IN LUBBOCK
Lately, life in Lubbock has felt like a strange mix of celebration, nostalgia, pressure, gratitude, and excitement all happening at once.
I feel like I’m living in this weird little in-between season where everything is changing, but not all at once. Some people around me are already walking across stages and stepping into their next chapter, while I’m still preparing for mine. And honestly? I’m learning there is something really beautiful about that space in between.
Recently, I got to watch my best friend, Maddy, graduate with her BSN.
Watching someone you love reach a milestone they worked so hard for is emotional in the best way. I felt so proud of her and also strangely reflective about my own timeline. Graduation season has a funny way of doing that! It reminds you how quickly life moves and how important it is to celebrate the people beside you while still honoring your own journey.
Of course, we celebrated the best way Texas Tech students know how—with a celebratory bar crawl on broadway street and lots of memories made along the way. These are the nights I know I’ll look back on someday and miss: being young, surrounded by friends, and living in a season where everyone is becoming who they’re meant to be.
Another recent highlight was taking study abroad graduation photos with my fellow senior study abroad friends, thanks to Kennedy! She brought all her fancy tools and gave us a real photoshoot experience.
Studying and interning abroad in Ireland last summer meant so much to me, and getting to document this season with people who shared such a unique chapter of life feels incredibly special. Sometimes graduation photos are about more than the cap and gown: they represent memories, risks you took, and the version of yourself that grew along the way.
On the creative side of life, I recently filmed a brand deal for GetLYT Hydration, with more content and projects coming soon!
Content creation continues to be one of my favorite creative outlets and side hustles because it lets me blend storytelling, marketing, creativity, and community building all in one space. It still amazes me that something that started as a hobby has turned into opportunities I genuinely enjoy and feel proud of.
And while all of these exciting moments have been happening, real life has still been moving too.
Behind the photos and celebrations, I’ve also been:
- applying to full time roles based in DFW to begin after I graduate in August
- managing spreadsheets and applications
- working part-time at CoMC as the student recruitment assistant
- blog writing
- content creating
- networking
- trying to figure out what post-grad life might look like
That’s the part of this season I think people don’t talk about enough.
Life doesn’t pause while you prepare for your future.
You can be celebrating and stressed. Grateful and uncertain. Present and planning ahead all at the same time.
That’s honestly what this pre-post grad era feels like for me right now.
Not perfect. Not fully figured out. But full.
And maybe that’s enough.
For now, I’m trying to soak up my last summer in Lubbock while still working toward what comes next—one application, one memory, and one blog post at a time. 🤍
Here’s to the in-between season.
Here’s to recently in Lubbock!
Comments
Post a Comment